So, there’s this 50 questions thing going around the anime blogosphere like the flu. I don’t know who started it, but I decided I might as well give it a shot.
50 questions: 25 about anime, 25 about other stuff. Here goes.
Questions about Anime
1. Who is your favorite male anime character?
Lelouch/Zero from Code Geass. He’s pretty much the man I most aspire to be, and I’ve somewhat built my internet persona around him.
2. Who is your favorite female anime character?
Asuka from Evangelion, though I, to this day, have no real clue why exactly that’s the case.
3. What is your favorite anime soundtrack?
Not sure. I tend to like individual songs more than entire soundtracks.
4. What is your favorite anime opening + animation?
The Light Before We Land from Gunslinger Girls.
5. What is your favorite anime ending + animation?
Fly Me to the Moon from Evangelion. Considering what happens in the later episodes, it’s perfectly inappropriate.
6. What is your favorite anime scene?
A tie between Asuka’s battle against the Eva series in End of Evangelion, and the entire battle against Norris Packard from 08th MS Team.
7. If you could meet an anime character who would it be?
C.C. from Code Geass. I’d like to see what Geass I’d end up with.
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
Probably Makoto Kousaka from Genshiken. I don’t look like an otaku, but I definitely act like one, and I’m also really good at videogames.
9. What is your favorite thing about anime?
A lot of things you don’t see very much of in other media (Mecha, ecchi fanservice, etc.) are the norm in anime. It’s got a lot of things I’m into that other media just doesn’t do.
10. What is your least favorite thing about anime?
The Anti-Moé Brigade.
11. Who is your favorite anime couple?
Lelouch and C.C. from Code Geass, probably.
12. Who is your favorite anime animal?
Do Zoids count as animals? If so, the Gunsniper from Zoids
13. What anime would make a good game?
Gunslinger Girl (A proper FPS, not a rail shooter), Infinite Stratos, Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere, Ben-To, Highschool of the Dead.
14. What game would make a good anime?
Virtua Cop, Senko no Ronde, Armored Core, Ace Combat, Dead or Alive, NiGHTS: Into Dreams…, Cyber Troopers Virtual-On.
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
Probably something like Sailor Moon or Voltron
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
17. What is your favorite genre of anime?
Tough one. Thing is, genre rarely determines what I’ll like, really. A lot of genres have both shows I love and shows I can’t stand.
18. What is your least favorite genre of anime?
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
Yep. Pretty much everyone I know knows I watch anime.
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
Nope. Would like to go someday, though.
21. What anime was the biggest let down for you?
REDLINE. For all the hype, I was expecting the movie to be better, or at least not be crap.
22. What anime was better than you expected?
Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere. I couldn’t understand the story for 6 episodes, but I’m glad I continued watching.
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
Probably the fight against Norris Packard from 08th MS Team.
24. Who is your anime waifu?
I love too many to pick just one. Asuka, C.C., and Kotonoha Katsura (School Days) are three of my favorites, though.
25. What was your favorite video game as a child?
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On for the Sega Saturn (Still one of my favorites)
Questions About Me
26. Most embarrassing moment?
27. a) Can you drive?
27. b) Do you own a car?
28. Are you mature?
I tend to think of myself as mature.
29. What year were you born?
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
Cats. I find dogs to be rambunctious, wild animals.
31. Describe yourself physically.
Male, brown skin, on the tall side, slim build, short black hair. I like to say I’m built like a bishounen character.
32. What would you name your first child?
That’s not the name, I just don’t know.
33. What is the worst injury you’ve ever had?
Broke my big toe once.
34. What is your worst habit?
I tend to keep things bottled up.
35. Do you drink or smoke?
I drink on occasion, I don’t smoke.
36. Do you have a tattoo?
Nope. Wouldn’t get one either.
37. Are you a morning or a night person?
I’m a switch, actually. I can deal with either, given enough rest.
38. Have you ever slept past midday?
Yep. In fact, I did today.
39. Do you regret anything?
40. Can you count the number of friends you have on one hand?
41. Do you wear glasses?
42. Are you a picky eater?
Somewhat. I like what I like, but I’ll try new things if I’m in the mood for it.
43. Would you die for someone?
I don’t think I would, really.
44. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
The ability to create matter by thought.
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
47. Have you ever committed a crime?
48. Time traveler or ghost?
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
Maybe. Hell, I hope so! If someone does, I certainly hope she comes forward with it soon.
And if she’s reading this: I’m serious. Come talk to me, I don’t bite.
50. Are you in a relationship?