So, Anime Boston happened.
The con was great, as it always was. Wasn’t without its problems, but regardless, I had an absolutely wonderful time.
This is the con report. I’ve got a bunch of media from the con and about the con here, as well as photos. Check them out after the jump.
In this video, I join The Geeky Panda in discussing the aftermath of Syfy’s Heroes of Cosplay series, the implications of the upcoming second season, and how the cosplay community can do it better themselves.
Check it out after the jump.
I recently did a video with my good friend The Geeky Panda in which we talked about cosplay at anime conventions and gave some advice and some tips & tricks to cosplayers just starting out.
Check it out!
Time Enforcer Anubis here, and yes, one man is an invasion.
I will be at Anime Boston, which happens April 6-8 in the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Mass.
AB is the big con I go to each year, and it’s always a blast every time.
The schedule is here.
The panels I plan on attending are as follows:
- Anime Clubs (3:00 PM)
- The How to Run a Panel Panel (4:30 PM)
- I, Otaku: the Past, Present, and Future of our Subculture Worldwide (5:45 PM)
- Visual Novels and Eroge (12:45 AM)
- Evolution of the Giant Robot (2:15 PM)
- Clannad: The Place Where Wishes Come True (9:15 PM)
- Hentai Worth Watching (11:00 PM)
- FAKKU! Q & A (1:00 AM)
(I don’t know when I’m leaving Sunday, so that’s up in the air)
Between panels, I’ll likely be adventuring around the convention center, looking around the dealer room and artist alley, or gaming in the videogame room.
I’m easy to find, just look for:
- The gentleman in the black suit with the Zero mask.
- The guy in a woodland camo uniform, wearing a helmet with cat ears on it and a Taskforce M.O.E. patch on his right shoulder. May or may not have a gasmask on.
It’s gonna be epic. I can tell you that much right now.
Time Enforcer Anubis here and yes, one man is an invasion.
I will be attending Another Anime Convention (AAC), which takes place from October 14th to the 16th at the Radisson Hotel in Nashua, NH.
AAC is a relatively small con, but what it lacks in size, it makes up for in community. At a larger con, you might see the same random people twice, maybe three times throughout the entire con. At AAC, the community is much tighter-knit. It’s a much more personal kind of convention.
I’ll be running the “A Beginner’s Guide to Eff’d-up Hentai” panel with Con Subzero at 1AM Saturday night/Sunday morning. 18+, naturally.
The schedule is here.
Panels I plan on attending are:
- Gunpla 101 (Fri 6:00 PM)
- Haters Gonna Hate (Fri 11:30 PM)
- The art of Griefing (Sat 1:00 AM)
- A Study in fan service (Sat 1:00 PM)
- ULTIMATE NERDFIT (Sat 5:00 PM)
- Screw Your Fandom (Sun 12:00 AM)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Eff’d-up Hentai” (Sun 1:00 AM)
Friday, I’ll probably also be hanging out in The Bunny Lounge (21+) before Haters Gonna Hate starts.
It’s gonna be an awesome time! Expect photos and video coverage.
‘Till next time!